We Need You: Farmers’ Market Master(s), Tennis Court Improvements, Park Maintenance, and More
The Franklin Community Association Board and volunteers are thankful for our members and proud to provide parks and recreation, community events, and social gatherings for the village. However, we need more volunteers to continue certain services.
We do not have the resources to continue the market and are looking for an experienced market master or a passionate group who has the time to dedicate to making the market a success.
Market Master(s), Farmers’ Market
The Farmers’ Market has been running every Sunday, May through mid-October, to bring fresh produce, and more, to Franklin. Attendance has been very low for the last few years. Our Market Masters are not returning and many vendors are hesitant due to low attendance. We need someone, or a team of people, who are interested in running a Farmers’ Market. Responsibilities include:
- Establish dates and times for the market
- Coordinate with the FCA’s Director of Development or Food Truck volunteer to align food trucks during the Market (if desired by the FCA)
- Partner with the FCA’s Marketing + Communications Committee to promote the market
- Recruit, vet, and schedule new vendors
- Ensure vendors meet legal and/or licensing considerations (e.g. selling liquor near a church or selling meat products is currently not allowed without approvals)
- Report on the number of vendors in attendance, collect vendor sales data, monitor market attendance in the community, and report data back to the FCA
- Utilize FCA survey data to make vendor changes and or improvements with the market
- Place and collect the Farmers’ Market signs around the Village
- Establish a strategy to retain vendors that may struggle with low sales so that they do not leave
- Collect fees from vendors in attendance (New market masters can determine if fees can consider being waived in the future to secure more vendors)
- Visit a variety of farmers’ markets in the area to recruit vendors annually
Tennis/Pickleball Court Improvements Project Manager
Help us manage the tennis court renovations. We are looking for someone with an interest in tennis and/or pickleball. You don’t need to have experience with construction. We just need someone who knows tennis and what could make the tennis experience better at the Franklin Community Park! Our courts need to be resurfaced and the fencing replaced. This position would report to the FCA Board and Ground Committee Chair and help with:
- Gather estimates
- Brainstorm ideas for improvements
- Oversee the project while it’s in progress
- Be the lead contact for whichever company is chosen to do the improvements.
FCA board member and grounds committee support will be plentiful but we need a point-person to manage the project. This is a big park improvement that we look forward to getting started on!
Volunteer as a tennis court improvement project manager
Grounds Committee Members
The Grounds Committee is responsible for maintaining the Franklin Community Park and coordinating gazebo rentals.
- Grounds Committee Member- Attend monthly property clean-up/weeding sessions in the summer. Provide input on grounds improvements including gardening projects, new equipment, renovations, etc. Time commitment is approximately one hour per month.
- Gazebo rental lead- Field requests for gazebo rentals. Keep the calendar of reservations, collect money and contracts. The gazebo is rented in the spring through the fall and the time commitment is typically one to two hours per month.
- Doggie bag replacer- Help us keep the doggie poo bags full! We have a refillable station near the tennis courts. Check-in on the bags to make sure they’re not out and refill them when they are. The time commitment is approximately one to two hours annually, especially if you’re already at the park a lot!
Volunteer on the grounds committee
Food Truck Coordinator (2023)
Food Trucks have been scheduled for 2022. We’re looking for a Food Truck Coordinator for 2023. Our Food Truck Dinner Series kicked off in May of 2021 with great success.
We are looking for a Food Truck Coordinator who can:
- Secure weekly food trucks for the next calendar year (determine to book through a third party or directly)
- Negotiate profit sharing for food truck sales to bring money back to the FCA if food trucks are booked independently
- Coordinate with the FCA Events Chair to secure food trucks for any desired FCA events
- Work with the FCA Vice President of Development to seek sponsorship for the FCA Food Truck dinner series
- Coordinate with food trucks weekly if they have questions about timing, where to park, etc.
- Collect payment from the food trucks based on the negotiated agreement
- Track weekly food truck revenue and report back to the FCA Board
Volunteer as a food truck coordinator
We’re looking for volunteers who can help plan and coordinate events. Summer is our busiest season and we’re looking for volunteers who are interested in:
- Food Truck Dinner Series
- Kid-friendly events
- Uncorked Wine Tasting
- Music on the Green
- Movies on the Green
- Halloween Event
- Holiday Event